By Stephen Tweed
Over the past three decades, we’ve worked with several hundred home care companies who want to grow their business and get ready for the future. One of the big challenges for most single location companies is sales. Company owners are often the lone salesperson in the company, and they want to hire someone for that role so they can spend more time working ON their business, instead of IN the business.
Yet, our experience shows that home care salespeople hired and managed by the company owner are highly successful less than 30% of the time. Wow! Why is that?
There are three reasons why home care salespeople fail:
- Bad Hire – the person is not the right fit for the job, the company, or the marketplace.
- Lack of Direction – the person is hired and sent out to sell without having clear direction and a focused sales action plan.
- Lack of Sales Management – the salesperson is left on their own without ongoing leadership and coaching. Even the best salesperson will be less effective if they are left totally on their own to fend for themselves.
Several years ago, we met Sarah Barker, the founder and creator of the Senior Care Sales Solution Academy. When Sarah introduced the Sales Academy, we had a number of our Home Care CEO Mastermind Members participate, with amazing results.
Here is what Stephen Tweed, Founder of the Home Care CEO Forum says about Sarah Barker and the Sales Academy:
“Research from Home Care Pulse and the HCP Home Care Benchmarking Study shows that the single best way to attract high value clients to your home care business is to make personal sales calls to high potential referral sources. This has shifted somewhat as a result of the COVID Pandemic, and we are now seeing top tier home care companies going back to making personal sales Calls.
Data from the 2020 HCP Benchmarking Study shows the Top Four Growth Opportunities:
- Strengthening relationships with referral sources
- Caregiver Recruitment and Retention Program
- Increasing client referrals by increasing client satisfaction
- Expanding into new markets
We know from our experience and interviews with top tier home care leaders that most home care salespeople are not highly successful in making connections, building relationships, and earning referrals from high potential referral sources. There are three elements of a successful sales professional in home care: Knowledge, Skills, Attitude.
For home care sales professionals to be highly successful, they need to have clear knowledge and understanding of the referral source sales process. They need to have the interpersonal skills to make connections and nurture relationships, and they need the positive attitude and willingness to go our every day and to the hard work of selling home care.
I’m endorsing Sarah Barker and the Senior Care Sales Solutions Academy for three reasons:
- Sarah Barker has done this very successfully as a home care salesperson. She walks the talk and talks the walk. She has the knowledge, skills, and attitude to grow a home care business through the referral source selling system.
- The Senior Care Sales Solution Academy has the content to help salespeople learn the referral source sales system and develop the interpersonal and communication skills to make this system work. As Sarah says, “we are redefining how senior care professionals serve referral partners and families by instilling the empowering aging philosophy.”
- Sarah follows up with her Sales Academy participants to make sure they are applying what they have learned. She’ll actually go out and work with sales pros in the field to demonstrate the process.
There are four more Senior Care Sales Solutions Academies scheduled in 2023. One has already happened in Dallas Texas.
- Nashville, TN – May 11th & 12th, 2023
- San Diego, CA – May 25th & 26th, 2023
- Orlando, FL – June 1st & 2nd, 2023
- New Jersey – September 21st & 22nd, 2023
There is also an All-Alumni Reunion Retreat scheduled for August 23-25, 2023 in Galena IL.
Don’t take my word for it. Do your own due diligence. Ask questions. Talk with other Academy participants. I’m confident that you’ll find that Sarah is a great person to work with, and she has a process that will help you achieve the growth you are looking for to take your company to the next level.
To complete an application to attend the Senior Care Sales Solutions Academy click on the link and fill out the Application Form.
To register for the event, click on the Registration Link.